As I write this my husband is in the back yard with my four year old in a tent. They are back yard camping. My husband is the best.
Today I told him that I would like to go look for a dress for my Grandpa's funeral tomorrow. I said "I know we don't really have the money but I would like to go look and maybe I will find something on sale." I was thinking MAYBE $20 and even that was a stretch. You know what he told me? "I have some extra money, go out and find whatever you like. Your budget is $200." What?! Now, I was never going to spend that much but he was very serious. I had $200 to play with. He watched the kids while I shopped. It took me three hours. I didn't find what I wanted and maybe it was because I was too specific or because I don't want to find a dress for this particular event. Either way I found something at least. I only spent around $45 for 4 different garments. It was exactly what I needed. Today wasn't hard or stressful at all. I didn't think I needed a day but I did and Nick gave that to me. Selflessly. When I got home I was discouraged by my lack of finding what I specifically wanted to find and I had a headache. I said I was going to go out to get myself something to eat because Nick and Braxton had already eaten and I didn't feel like cooking. Nick threw his wallet at me and said, "Go get something to eat." Again he blessed me. He gave me a day. A great day. He doesn't know how much it meant to me. For him to give me the means to have a day to myself. He didn't bother me with calls about the kids and he didn't call to check when I would be back. He just let me be. He doesn't know. Then after I get home he sets up the tent in the back yard and then takes Braxton fishing. I put Jevin to bed and my day to myself continues. He doesn't know. They get home from fishing and we all go out to the fire pit to roast mallows and dogs. We take fun flashlight pictures and laugh at Braxton missing his chair as he sits down. Then they go to sleep outside in the tent and I get the last few hours of the day to myself. He doesn't know. He doesn't know how much he has blessed me today by easing my daily load. He is my backbone and without him I would surely be paralyzed. He is my best friend and the love of my life.
From where we started I never thought I would have these feelings or be writing a blog about how amazing he is, but God works what was meant for bad into good. Doesn't He? Isn't our God amazing? The devil meant our unplanned pregnancy for evil but God took that and He flipped it. He flipped it from a scared, pregnant young girl and a caught between two worlds boy. A couple with no future. A couple with a hundred problems. A baby that was sure to have a split home. To - a confident mother and a leader of a man. To a married, God-fearing couple. To a couple with problems but none of them insurmountable. To two babies with one home full of love.
God transformed my life. He gave me what I didn't even know I needed. Nick. My husband, the father of my beautiful children, and my hero. I love you. I'm glad I get share in this journey of life and trusting God with you by my side. I'm glad God has already proved to us that trusting in Him is the only way. Look how amazing our lives are compared to three years ago. Imagine where we will be three years from now if we keep trusting daily in Christ and in each other.
Sleep well in the tent my loves.
No comments:
Post a Comment